Monday, March 8, 2010

Bone Crossed - Patricia Briggs

Car mechanic and sometime shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has learned, the hard way, why her race was almost exterminated. When European vampires immigrated to North America, they found Mercy's people had a hidden talent - for vampire slaying. Unfortunately for Mercy, the queen of the local vampire seethe has discovered her true identity. She's also furious when she learns Mercy has crossed her and killed one of her vampires. Mercy may be protected from direct reprisals by the werewolf pack (and her interesting relationship with its Alpha), but that just means Marsilia will come after Mercy some other way. So Mercy had better prepare to watch her back.

I'm really enjoying both of Patricia Briggs's series I'm reading and last week I read two of them. Bone Crossed is book nº 4 in the Mercy Thompson series. Now that the love triangle between Mercy, Samuel and Adam is solved one would expect for a more relaxing time for Mercy and her friend but unfortunately Marsilia, the Vampire boss, found out that Mercy was the one responsible for the death of one of her vampires and now is after revenge.

Not only that but Mercy is still feeling the effects of what happened in the previous book and she has to adjust to her new position in the pack. I really liked that Briggs gives her time to adjust and learn, Mercy sounds very real in her worries and cares about the people around her. To save herself and her friend Stefan from Marsilia's wrath, Mercy ends up in another city fighting a different vampire and trying to make sense of the power struggle going on in the vampire structure. Marsilia is much more devious than it seems and I was quite surprised by the turn of the events and by how she effectively destroys Stefan. I quite like Stefan, he is quite the good guy for a vampire and he has proven that he is a true friend to Mercy.

Briggs continues to show that she is excellent at world building and at creating interesting and engaging characters. I really want to know more about them and I also want her to write more about Samuel and Stefan, I think they both deserve their own story and happy ending. I also want to read more about Bran, either here or in the Alpha & Omega series please just gave us more about him. Oh I'm also curious about her plans for the young girl he is educating has a werewolf... Basically I just want more... and fortunately Mercy's next book comes out next month. I couldn't be happier!!

Grade: 4.5/5

1 comment:

  1. So previous week I started to think for starting my own online marketing business and to purchase some affiliate websites I just don't know if it is best option to build one myself or purchase some already turnkey affiliate marketing websites. I just visited website
    [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html]website affiliate[/url] and here was really good reviews about these sites but I still haven't decided what to do. Are there some members who can give some opinion about websites reviewed at this site?
    http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...