Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge

As I mentioned yesterday I am looking forward to some Christmas projects this year and joining a Christmas Reading Challenge seems just the perfect thing to do.  So, I am joining the 2012 Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge hosted by Michelle, the True Book Addict at The Christmas Spirit blog. She has lots of interesting information about Christmas stuff  posted so even if you don't want to join it might be worth checking it out.


  • challenge will run from Monday, November 19, 2012 through Sunday, January 6, 2013 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
  • cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
  • These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!
  • Levels:

            --Candy Cane:  read 1 book
            --Mistletoe:  read 2-4 books
            --Christmas Tree:  read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
          Additional levels:
            --Fa La La La Films:  watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
            --Visions of Sugar Plums:  read books with your children this season and share what you read
          *the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above

I'm joining at the Christmas Tree level. I definitely plan to read some books to my children although they are too small for longer stories (I'll have to see what I can find), and if I have the time I do want to watch some movies too!

So far I have in my TBR pile:
Marian's Christmas Wish - Carla Kelly
The First Snowdrop - Mary Balogh
Christmas Belle - Mary Balogh
A Christmas Homecoming - Anne Perry
Mischief of The Mistletoe - Lauren Willig
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor - Lisa Kleypas

and I am planning to get Silent Night by Deanna Raybourn.

I'll see if I'll change the list till the end of the challenge...


Books read:


  1. Marian's Christmas Wish
  2. The First Snowdrop
  3. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor
  4. A Christmas Odyssey
  5. What Happens at Christmas
  6. Christmas Belle
  7. Mistletoe and Mischief (review coming soon)
  8. Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight (review coming soon)


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge, Ana! Thanks for joining us. You have a great list there. I loved The Mischief of the Mistletoe. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for stopping by Michelle. I'm already on book 2 of my list. I'll be sure to drop by your blog often.

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...