Monday, January 14, 2013

Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight - Grace Burrowes

No one would ever guess that Lady Louisa, the most reserved of the Duke of Moreland's daughters, had published a book of racy poems under a pseydonym on a dare. Before she can buy and destroy all of the copies, a dastardly fortune hunter seeks to compromise her reputation by revealing her secret identity at a holiday ball.
Before she can be publicly ruined, close family friend Sir Joseph Carrington saves the day by offering to marry Louisa. As he recites poetry to her, waltzes with her by starlight, and showers her with lovely kisses, they both begin to discover that their match may be the best Christmas gift either has ever received...



I have been reading more romance lately but I have come to realise that I rely mostly on authors I already know when it comes to choosing books to read (unless it's an anthology, I love those and it's a good way to try new authors). Only when there's a particular theme that interests me do I venture to try a new author when it comes to full length books. This December I was looking for Christmas reads and found a recommendation for this Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight by Grace Burrowes and I decided to try it.

I am very happy to report that I think I found a new author to read. I really enjoyed the characters and the story of LLCK. This is the third book in the series and I do realise that if I had read them in order there are some details I would have enjoyed more. But it was still a pretty good read and I do plan to get to the others soon.

Lady Louisa is the daughter of a duke. She has two older married sisters and two younger and unmarried sisters. Like any dutiful young lady she wants to marry and clear the way for her younger sisters to do the same. But Louisa is a very intelligent young Lady and she finds it hard to carry on the usual futile conversations that one has in the ton's social events. Therefore she finds it hard to find a partner to dance at such events and she has no interest in the young men she meets.

There's on gentleman whose company she enjoys and who doesn't seem put off by her manners. Sir Joseph Carrington has come to appreciate Louisa very much indeed but he finds himself unworthy of a Duke's Daughter and only the idea of saving Louisa from disgrace leads him to offer for her...

I did enjoy Joseph and Louisa very much. Both had a few secrets to hide but to be honest I don't think they needed to hide those secrets from each other. Louisa's secret - her book of racy poems - might ruin her socially but never at the eyes of the man who loved her.

I loved the peek we had of the other members of Louisa's family and I'm looking forward to read their books. I'm especially looking forward to read the book about her parents - the Duke and Duchess of Moreland. I love reading series and it seems I found another good one in Burrowe's books about the Windhams.

Grade: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. I like Grace Burrowes books. One of the criticisms that are often raised is that she is historically incorrect but I am prepared to overlook that. I also think that she has a unique voice out there. No one else writes the slow burn romance like she does.

    I need to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marg,
    I'm sadly out of date when it comes to new authors and their work. I found this on a list of Christmas themed books and couldn't resist picking it up.

    Unless the historical errors are particularly obvious and annoying I have found that I can also overlook them in favor of a good story. It must be my old age :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...