Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lust Unleashed - Desirée Holt (TBR Challenge)


9285458

Jonah Grey, driven by a lust for the blood of the legendary Chupacabra that murdered the woman who was to be his mate, jumps at the offer to leave the FBI and join Night Seekers, who are dedicated to hunting and killing the devil beast.Then Jonah encounters a woman with whom he shares explosive chemistry that neither can deny-and sex that brings a level of pleasure neither has ever known. Soon he's dividing his time and indulging in erotic bouts of orgasmic lust with Dakota.But the devil beast must still be dealt with, and the wolf in Jonah won't rest until the Chupacabra is dead.


I didn't have any special read planned for this month's TBR challenge and I have to admit that the date just snook up on me and suddenly I was faced with having to choose something. Looking at what I had in my virtual pile I discovered a book that I had found free on Amazon a while ago and it seemed to fit the steamy read qualification - Desiree Holt's Lust Unleashed.

And it definitely filled its promise. This is a hot story about a part native-American loner heroine and a shape shifter who has been hunting the Chupacabra - a sort of mytical creature that attacks in the night and leaves its victims bloodless.

What I did like: the sex was hot and with a bit more variety than my usual reads and the main characters seemed to have good chemistry.

What I didn't like: there was no tension and it was sort of insta-lust as soon as they see each other. There's no big conflict to overcome, not even the memory of Jonah's dead fiancee. The shapeshifter's angle and mating bond is nothing new and I didn't even understand what made the mating bond happen. 

I also thought that there were a lot of characters mentioned but besides the main ones they are not well developed. Jonah and Dakota were better developed but to be honest I didn't warm up to any of them. I gather this is the first of a series so I'm guessing the others will feature in the next books. I also thought the prejudice against the heroine was a bit overdone (at least I hope native americans are treated better than that). And the Chupacabra plot I found a bit unbelievable.

Something different from my usual reads, this was an easy read but it didn't convince me to continue reading the same genre.

Grade: 2.5/5

I'm a bit late with my review but, as mentioned, life caught up with me and I haven't had much time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...