Monday, May 12, 2014

That Holiday Feeling - Anthology


6422471Silver Bells by Debbie Macomber
In this classic story, Debbie brings those Manning men and Manning sisters home for a mistletoe marriage when a single dad finally says "I do."
The Perfect Holiday by Sherryl Woods
Will bachelor Trace Franklin become a groom-to-be by Christmastime? He sure will ... if Savannah Holiday's aunt Mae as anything to do with it.
Under the Christmas Tree by Robyn Carr 
When the folks of Virgin River discover a box of adorable puppies under the town's Christmas tree they call on local vet Nathaniel Jensen for help. But it's his budding romance with Annie McCarty that really has tongues --- and tails --- wagging!

I usually save my Christmas books to read during the Holiday Season but I wanted to continue with the Virgin Rover series and this one included one of the short stories.

I did read the other two stories but the one I enjoyed the most was the Virgin River one.

Silver Bells, by Debbie Macomber
This was an OK story but it is part of a series and I feel that if I had read the series I would probably have enjoyed it more. As it is it was just ok and a bit too short for me to actually get to know and root for the characters.

 The Perfect Holiday, by Sherryl Woods
Owning a B&B is one my oldest dreams so this had an added interest for me. I did feel that I had to suspend my disbelief for a while as I don't thinks I would have stayed in the same house as someone I didn't know but other than that it was sweet and christmasy.

Under the Christmas Tree, by Robyn Carr
As I've mentioned this was my favourite from this books. Most of it is not really set in VR but some of the characters and Jack's bar do appear and I did like the cosy atmosphere Carr manages to show in her books. I really liked Nate's interaction with Annie's family and she seemed like a real nice and grounded person.

Overall grade: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...