Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dear Jane Austen - Patrice Hannon


The full title of this book is Dear Jane Austen: A Heroine's Guide to Life and Love.

I first decided to buy it because I've been in a Jane Austen mood lately - movies of her books, her books, books about her, anything goes... - and I thought this one might be interesting.

The book contains a series of letters from contemporary women to Jane Austen about their love problems. And Jane Austen answers using examples from her heroine's lives and making smart comments about today's habits regarding love, courting and marriage.

I found the author's voice funny and very much in accordance to what I imagine Jane Austen's view of the world to be. Nothing really new in the love advice department but it's all reported in such an interesting voice that one can't help smiling while reading it.

Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat about books and stuff and I would love to hear from like minded readers. Please do leave me a comment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...